Major Close Down

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Wed Aug 6 12:59:41 PDT 2014

David Lake <dlake at cisco.com> writes:

> Be VERY careful here.
>
> Every Media Selection page on the BBC's site includes the following line:
>
> <!--This code and data form part of the BBC iPlayer content protection
> system. Tampering with, removal of, misuse of, or unauthorised use of
> this code or data constitutes circumvention of the BBC's content
> protection measures and may result in legal action. BBC (C) 2014.-->
>
> Note the term "misuse."  That is THEIR definition of misuse, not yours.   It is not YOUR content - it is THEIRS.

David.

Thanks for your comment above, although I am not aware that I have said
anywhere that "it is my content!"

I've looked at http://www.bbc.co.uk/terms/personal.shtml and also
http://www.bbc.co.uk/terms/help.shtml but I do not think that 'beeb' is
in breach of any of their terms. However, I'm a Nurse and not a lawyer,
so it is possible that I am wrong.

It should also be noted that the BBC personal use page is dated 15
October 2012, whereas the TV licensing page/site at
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one?WT.ac=home_plt_check
is stating exactly what I have quoted and is dated 2014.

Sharon.