Fw: Yahoo Mailing List Snafu ...

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 13:21:29 PDT 2014

OK, I humbly acquiesce - it appears that although the configuration is
"unusual" (at least among lists I am on), it's not actually wrong.
I can see your point from the link you posted. Controversial subject!

http://www.mail-list.com/reply-to-sender-reply-to-list-reply-to-all/

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node11.html
> "Beware! Reply-To: munging is considered a religious issue and the policies you set here can ignite some of the most heated off-topic flame wars on your mailing lists."

So, fair enough, you're right, or at least, not wrong. So I'm not sure
now how Yahoo! and other could work around this, or rather, what
better method could be employed to ensure that a sender really is the
sender.

I'm sorry for dragging this off-topic; but it certainly looks like it
needs a more nuanced or clever response from email providers.