Printing rtmpdump compatible URLs (radio and live TV)

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:23:42 PDT 2014

On 15/04/2014 10:05, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I'm guessing that my generation of an RTMPdump URL is incorrect (I can't
> play the resulting URL when using radio or LiveTV) and would be grateful
> if somebody could point out what I'm doing wrong, or even better,
> integrate this sort of functionality directly in get_iplayer.

I tested a few radio programme rtmp URLs in GNOME Videos 3.10.1 (Ubuntu
14.04 beta 2), and they all worked fine with both the format used in
your patch and the format generated by get_iplayer.  As I alluded to in
my earlier reply, I didn't think the format was the problem.  For live
TV rtmp URLs, you need to add "live=1".  Bottom line: get_iplayer is
producing the correct URL parameters.

Your message didn't make clear whether your problem was with playback in
your version of GNOME Videos or with quvi.  If the former, you would
certainly know better than I what the problem might be.  I made a quick
attempt to test quvi 0.9 with radio programmes, but "quvi scan" didn't
work for any of several media sources including BBC, so I punted on it
for now.