Web PVR Fails to Download Radio Series if Title Contains Question Mark

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 11:05:26 EDT 2013

On 12/09/2013 14:14, Kapitano wrote:
> GiP can't download programmes if they have 'forbidden' characters - and
> one such character is the question mark.
>
> To strip out these characters, and therefore allow download, add the
> switch --fatfilename to the command line.
>
> You can also add "fatfilename 1" (without quotes) to the options file,
> to make it happen automatically when running PVR searches. I'm not sure
> about Web PVR, as I don't use it.

You can download programmes with such 'forbidden' characters - they're
stripped by default.  The place you have to be careful is when you use
--whitespace to allow whitespace in your output file names.  On Windows,
--fatfilename is also required if you use --whitespace.  If you use the
Git HEAD version of get_iplayer, that is now done for you automatically.