Loads of Programmes Missing from PVM

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Sep 3 10:45:21 EDT 2013

On Tue Sep 3 14:11:02 BST 2013, andy.and.dawn wrote:

>Last week I tried to get "Just a Minute"
>but the search engine could not locate it.

 I'm afraid it behaves fine on my side:

Running first:

get_iplayer --type=radio -f --force

then:

get_iplayer --type=radio "Just a Minute"

yields:

Matches:
11593:  Just a Minute: Series 67 - Episode 3, BBC Radio 4, Comedy,Radio
11594:  Just a Minute: Series 67 - Episode 4, BBC Radio 4,
Comedy,Popular,Radio

INFO: 2 Matching Programmes

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>

On Tue Sep 3 12:26:25 BST 2013, Chris J Brady wrote:

>Then when I do a Search for individual programmes
>no eps. are found. Yet they ARE in iPlayer.
>
>CJB.
>
>P.S. Yes - I did do a Refresh before hand.

 Hi Chris - could you please provide specific examples of  radio shows
that do not show up in GiP's search results after a RADIO cache refresh
(so that the list members can investigate further...)?
...and beginning your post by sounding ominous ("Has the Beeb done
 the dirty on us?") is just causing premature distress - sadly, when the
worst DOES HAPPEN (and it will sometime in the future, see
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/downloading/radio_again
which was one of the apparent reasons RadioDownloader was hunt
 & killed), it will be felt immediately by all the GiP user base...

Kind regards
V.