Error when starting get_iplayer (0xc0000142)

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 15:44:53 EDT 2013

On 12/07/2013 18:20, Alexis Fotiadis wrote:
> Current issue:
> Run get_iplayer.cmd
> cmd prompt window appears
>   -> "get_player v2.83, Copywrite etc"
>   -> scrolls through list of currently available BBC programs
>   -> Total: ~1000
>   -> cmd prompt window appears
>
> Run

What is the problem, exactly?  You just described the normal startup for
the get_iplayer CLI.  Was there supposed to be something else after that
final "Run"?  Or did you mean to say that the command prompt window
DISappears?  If you're running get_iplayer.cmd by double-clicking from
Windows Explorer, then of course it will disappear.  You haven't given
it anything to do, so it will print the full TV search results then
exit, followed by the exit of the host command prompt.  Run the
get_iplayer CLI from the Start menu or the appropriate tile, where it is
configured to launch a persistent shell session.  If that doesn't
describe your situation, then some further explanation is required
because I don't see a problem in what you described.