File Naming

J K.Eason john at jeason.cix.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 05:23:00 EDT 2013

> That only happens with --whitespace because of the colon (one of
> the troublesome characters I referred to) in the name, not because
> of the presence of white space.  The colon is the NTFS stream
> operator, so if it isn't removed your download goes into the black
> hole of an alternate data stream.  I presume you have whitespace
> set in your preferences, in which case you'll always need
> --fatfilename to remove colons.

Yes I do have whitespace set in my preferences, as does the OP and
several other people I've seen querying the 'problem' in this mailing
list in the past.
>From a scan of all the available programs, it does look as if most of
the ones that have the series number in the title have a colon in the
filename which is a hell of a lot of them (449 out of 1089 programs in
the current TV list)!
So would it be an idea to mention in the help about --whitespace that
you will probably need --fatfilename too? For that matter, is there any
reason why --fatfilename can't be used as a default setting, or would
that cause problems for Linux users?

Regards
       John