Video download problems (Windows Web PVR)

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:02:32 EST 2013

On 15/01/2013 23:37, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> For Windows users having trouble with their super-fast fibre connections
> (this one's for you Shevek), I've placed a Windows build of rtmpdump
> with the changes above at:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/dinkypumpkin/rtmpdump/downloads/rtmpdump-v2.4-66-gd3b73cf+get_iplayer.1.zip
>

> To test it, unpack the archive into some convenient folder, then add the
> path to the enclosed rtmpdump.exe to your command line with the
> --flvstreamer option:
>
> get_iplayer --flvstreamer \path\to\rtmpdump.exe ...
>
> The zip archive is a full rtmpdump distribution, but you only need
> rtmpdump.exe for this exercise.
>
> And remember to add --verbose to your test downloads so we can see what
> is going on in case of problems.

For web pvr users with fibre connections:

In C:\Program Files\get_iplayer:

1. Rename folder RTMPDump to RTMPDump.orig

2. Create new empty folder named RTMPDump

3. Unzip archive into empty folder

4. You should now have an rtmpdump executable at this path

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

You won't be able to provide much useful feedback from the web pvr due
to its lack of full logging, but let us know if it's working more
reliably in general with this version of rtmpdump.