Radio-programme thumbnail question

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Thu Aug 1 11:16:49 EDT 2013

I keep seeing INFO messages saying that some .jpg  has been downloaded, but
there's never any such file present in the output directory after the
download is complete.  For example - see INFO (at the end of these lines):

C:\>get_iplayer --get 12849 --aactomp3
get_iplayer v2.83, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program ...

Matches:
12849:  radio, Terry Pratchett's Nation - Episode 1, BBC Radio 4 Extra,
Drama,Radio,SciFi & Fantasy

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaacstd1,flashaaclow1,wma1 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode to record radio: Terry Pratchett's Nation -
Episode 1
INFO: File name prefix =
Terry_Pratchetts_Nation_-_Episode_1_b00qg1s3_default
RTMPDump v2.4
INFO: Recorded
H:\Gip\Terry_Pratchetts_Nation_-_Episode_1_b00qg1s3_default.mp3

INFO: Downloaded Thumbnail to
'H:\Gip\Terry_Pratchetts_Nation_-_Episode_1_b00qg1s3_default.jpg'
INFO: ID3 tagging MP3 file

The second-last line strongly suggests a JPG has been created, but there's
no such file when I look later.  I have noticed on one occasion when H:\Gip
was open in an explorer window while a fetch was being processed that a JPG
file did appear, very briefly, but something clearly deleted it.  Do you
have any idea what could be doing that and how I'd override it to keep JPGs?

I have not set the thumb or noartwork preferences.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.