Issues installing v2.82 Windows 7

Chris Dobison chris.dobison at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 24 10:11:54 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have get_iplayer 2.82 installed on my Windows 8 Laptop without issue, however when I try to install on my home PC running Windows 7 I get the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" error. I had v2.80 installed previously without a problem, there is only one user account on the computer and it is set to Administrator. Just to check I activated the master Admin account, signed into that and got the same error.

I uninstalled get_iplayer 2.80 just in case that caused the issue, and downloaded the latest installer again, yet I get the same error.

Can anyone help please? I now have no get_iplayer on my computer (D'oh!!!)

Thanks,

Chris