Latest version of get_iplayer (from dinkypumkin) liveradio problems.

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 17:14:31 EDT 2012

On 30/09/2012 13:37, Richard Mace wrote:
> Hello,
> I updated to the latest version today (just because I could),
> from
>> git://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer.git
>
> The latest version seems to stream live tv ok (as long as
> you use --modes=flashvhigh2) but the live
> radio is now broken.
>
> I get the following, regardless of which stream I choose:-

> ./get_iplayer 80135 --stream
> Matches:
> 80135:	liveradio, BBC Radio 4 FM - live
>
> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> INFO: No versions exist for this programme
>
> Reverting to my older get_iplayer, the radio is ok
> but tv broken!

A patch to restore live tv functionality was committed after 2.82 was
released:

http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git/commit/5ca58546998b5bfb3fda77f131cc5703abccc628

Unfortunately, live radio streaming was broken by a later patch:

http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git/commit/c3aafce094e692d20d33c3670e00c8d21a4f6124

I have reverted that commit in Git.  Some of it was broken and the rest
is unnecessary now that the Olympics are over.  It may be that the media
selector URLs used for Olympics streams (part of the reverted commit)
are required for other BBC web broadcasts, but I'll leave it to the
original author to take up that issue.  In the end, I thought it better
to restore the code to a known good state, so I reverted the entire commit.

Try the new Git HEAD, which should restore live radio.  Reply here if it
doesn't work.

BTW, always pull from the main repo:

http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git

The develop branch in my fork usually has the same content, but it's not
guaranteed.