Run PVR Scheduler Now - Doesn't pickup new recordings when left running

Mike Glaire mikeglaire at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:32:55 EDT 2012

I have get_iplayer running in Windows XP and have re-installed it with
the latest versions of all software.

After starting get_iplayer from the Start menu using the "Run PVR
Schduler Now" command, programs set-up in the PVR record OK, however
if I leave get_iplayer running it doesn't recognise new programs that
become available in iplayer. Just keeps waking up, recording nothing
and then going to sleep again.

INFO: Sleeping for 14399 secs
Running PVR Searches:
Choir
Horizon
INFO: Sleeping for 14398 secs
Running PVR Searches:
Choir
Horizon
INFO: Sleeping for 14399 secs

When I stop get_iplayer and then restart it  the new programs  are
recognised and recorded.

I added expiry = 5000 to the prefs in the hope that this might refresh
the cache, but to no effect.

Here are the only changes I have made to the standard set-up.

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --prefs-show
Options in 'C:\Documents and Settings\Student/.get_iplayer/options'
        expiry = 5000
        modes = best
        output = F:\Recordings

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>