Get_iplayer on Raspberry Pi

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:30:02 EDT 2012

On 29/05/2012 11:49, Alex Eames wrote:
> On 27/05/2012 22:04, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> You probably just need to add:
>>
>> --tvmode=flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashnormal
>
> Thank you. That worked a treat. :) I notice the raspberry pi doesn't
> cope with RTMP timeouts as as well as my UBUNTU box, which seems to
> shrug them off and just keep retrying.
> The Pi seems to hang at this point.
> Is that likely due to the lower hardware spec?

If rtmpdump is actually hanging, I'm not sure resource starvation would
be the culprit.  rtmpdump isn't hugely resource-intensive on a desktop
machine, but I can't say how much more it will impact a Raspberry PI.
All I can suggest is to launch a HD download (or something else that
will run for a while) with get_iplayer and then run "top" in another
terminal window to see what rtmpdump is doing.