Connection problems - temporary?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:17:28 EDT 2012

On 19/06/2012 11:03, Charles Johnson wrote:
> I thought this might be owing to my old version so i got the latest with
> git.Same result. Is this 'us' or 'them'?
>
> goose at p10:/tmp$ ./get_iplayer/get_iplayer --mode=flashaaclow1
> --flvstreamer=/usr/local/bin/rtmpdump --get --pid b01jwk6b

Run with --verbose and see if the output includes:

Connecting ...
ERROR: Problem accessing the DNS. (addr: bbcodspdns.fcod.llnwd.net)
DEBUG: Closing connection.

At least from my location, it would seem to be a DNS problem and
rtmpdump thus can't locate the CDN servers.  iPlayer site is broken as
well (tested against a few Radio 4 programmes), probably for the same
reason.  TV programmes seem OK. I would guess this is a temporary
situation.  I noticed last night that mms streams disappeared, so maybe
some server shuffling is going on.

BTW: no need for --get with --pid