Olympic torch relay footage

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:18:55 EDT 2012

On 11/07/2012 14:22, Jimmy Aitken wrote:
> I have an issue when trying to download the morning episode for Day 27.  I'm using
> get_iplayer --pid p00rh5qb
>
> It all goes, sort of OK, until: (the original error has been lost, so this is from the first report I have).
>
> RTMPDump v2.2c
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> WARNING: Trying different position for server digest!
> INFO: Connected...
> Resuming download at: 2196979.084 kB / 14916.000 sec (56.3%)
> INFO: Metadata:
> INFO:   duration              26464.09
> INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
> INFO:   width                 384.00
> INFO:   height                216.00
> 2196979.084 kB / 14916.00 sec (56.3%)
> Couldn't resume FLV file, try --skip 1

As a first step, get an up-to-date version of rtmpdump (>= 2.3).  If you
are on Windows, download the latest installer from
infradead.org/get_iplayer and update everything.  Newer rtmpdump should
be more robust about resuming downloads, but you should also see a
reduction in file size.  You appear to be downloading the "flashlow"
stream, but 2 Gb seems wrong for roughly 3.5 hours of video at that
quality.  With latest Windows get_iplayer I only see about 1/3 of that
for your programme.