Olympic torch relay footage

Jimmy Aitken jimmy.aitken at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 09:22:30 EDT 2012

On 9 Jul 2012, at 11:36, Mark Rogers wrote:

> On 09/07/12 11:14, Jon Davies wrote:
>> The whole link (for your particular case) is
>>   http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day46#pid=p00symr7&t=false
>> You can see the programme id in the middle, in this case p00symr7
>>
>> then do:
>>
>> get_iplayer --pid p00symr7
>
> Thanks Jon; believe it or not I did follow exactly those steps (amongst many other variations) before mailing the list, but I obviously got something wrong somewhere because it now works fine. I'd like to think there's a technical reason why this didn't work on Saturday morning but I'm sure I'd be kidding myself...

I have an issue when trying to download the morning episode for Day 27.  I'm using
get_iplayer --pid p00rh5qb

It all goes, sort of OK, until: (the original error has been lost, so this is from the first report I have).

RTMPDump v2.2c
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
WARNING: Trying different position for server digest!
INFO: Connected...
Resuming download at: 2196979.084 kB / 14916.000 sec (56.3%)
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              26464.09
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   width                 384.00
INFO:   height                216.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            66.00
INFO:   avclevel              30.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   videoframerate        25.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       48000.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                26464001.00
INFO:   timescale             1000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            amf0
INFO:   length                26464081.00
INFO:   timescale             1000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            avc1
INFO:   length                26464108.00
INFO:   timescale             1000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
2196979.084 kB / 14916.00 sec (56.3%)
Couldn't resume FLV file, try --skip 1

And it carries on line this until it aborts.

The first time I ran it, it was at around 4G, so I thought - aha. 32bit filesize limit, but rtmpdump is a 64 bit app.  Then the 2nd time I tried it it aborted out at 2,249,778,678 bytes, so it's not related to that.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing it?

Thanks,
Jimmy
--
Jimmy Aitken