Recording 'archived' items on iplayer site

James Cook james.cook at bluewin.ch
Sun Jul 1 16:45:17 EDT 2012

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:13:27 +0100, you wrote:

>On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 14:18 +0200, James Cook wrote:
>> Doesnt --pid-recursive do this?
>> e.g. get_iplayer.pl --profiledir=. --type=radio --pid b00XXXXX
>> --pid-recursive --get

Google returns:
BBC Radio 4 - In Our Time
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl
So as a hunch I'd try b006qykl.

Just check to see what's in the rdf file:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl.rdf
and off you go ...

>With which pid? It didn't seem to work with either b006ggft or one of
>the pids for the individual episodes, picked at random.
>
>Btw your clock (and this the timestamp on your emails) is fast by about
>a day.
Yeah, I noticed that  - JUST got the laptop back from a 3rd(!) repair
at Sony and the clock was a day ahead! God knows how they manage it.

BTW your script with xargs etc. is  great piece of craftsrmanship, I
had something in Perl to do the same but much more longwinded  ...

JC