Mailing List not showing messages

Rog zulu.romeotangohotel at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 29 05:33:49 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Woodhouse" <dwmw2 at infradead.org>
To: "Rog" <zulu.romeotangohotel at ntlworld.com>
Cc: <get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: Mailing List not showing messages

On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 08:56 +0000, Rog wrote:
> What sort of answer is that?
> I've had the same problem with messages not getting through.
> We are not all geniuses Mr Woodhouse, sd please explain to we the
> uninitiated where we are going wrong.

If you can let me know the details (i.e. the contents of the Date: and
preferably also Message-Id: headers) of the message that is in your
outbox but failed to get through, then I can take a look and see exactly
what happened to it.

If you don't give me that information, as John didn't, then all I can do
is go looking for a needle in a haystack and *guess* which message(s)
you're talking about.

Mostly, the issue is that people send HTML messages instead of plain
text. If you've sent a plain text message, using the normal method where
you either compose a new message to get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org *or*
reply to an existing message *WITHOUT* removing 'Re:' from the Subject
line to 'hijack' the thread, and it hasn't got through, then please let
me know the details for that specific message.

--
dwmw2

On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 08:56 +0000, Rog wrote:
> What sort of answer is that?
> I've had the same problem with messages not getting through.
> We are not all geniuses Mr Woodhouse, sd please explain to we the
> uninitiated where we are going wrong.

If you can let me know the details (i.e. the contents of the Date: and
preferably also Message-Id: headers) of the message that is in your
outbox but failed to get through, then I can take a look and see exactly
what happened to it.

If you don't give me that information, as John didn't, then all I can do
is go looking for a needle in a haystack and *guess* which message(s)
you're talking about.

Mostly, the issue is that people send HTML messages instead of plain
text. If you've sent a plain text message, using the normal method where
you either compose a new message to get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org *or*
reply to an existing message *WITHOUT* removing 'Re:' from the Subject
line to 'hijack' the thread, and it hasn't got through, then please let
me know the details for that specific message.

--
dwmw2

Hi David
Thanks, but it's too late as I recently purged my *Sent Items* folder.
<sod's law>

FWIW, my messages were sent to *get_iplayerATlists.infradead.org* with new
subject line(s)
Replies to existing  sujects got there OK.

More to the point...
Some sort of reply to the OP _on list_ was what I was hoping for...so that
we (well some of us...) could all benefit.

ps I never use HTML....I can't see to read it.

pps Sorry, but I don't understand all rhis Digital ID stuff either (and
don't wan' to!)

:-))

regards
Rog (VIP)