Missing video titles

fs ck fsckemail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:30:33 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Shevek <shevek at shevek.co.uk> wrote:
> On 8 January 2012 12:13, Shevek <shevek at shevek.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> unfortunately there is no way of doing this retrospectively to your
>> already downloaded files, short of re-downloading them if they are
>> still available.
>>

> Correction, there is no automated way of doing this.
>
> You can manually update the tags using Atomic Parsley

You can now with the latest get_iplayer in git. I just committed a
patch for the new --tagonly option. You can use it as follows:

get_iplayer my-prog-name --tagonly --get

if the programme is no longer available on iplayer you can apply it to
your download history (as long as the BBC retain the metadata online)
using:

get_iplayer my-prog-name --tagonly --history

The latter will skip any matches that are no longer in their
downloaded directory/folder.