Missing video titles

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 12:07:00 EST 2012

On 08/01/2012 16:08, Shevek wrote:
> As you've found, tagging in get_iplayer at the moment is one size fits
> all. I'm sure it is possible to implement a profile / template based
> tagging option but I assume it would be quite an effort (in both time
> and perl knowledge) to do so!
>
> Perhaps one of the devs on this list has enough of both to have a go
> at it. Whilst I have the time I unfortunately don't have the required
> perl-fu.

Anyone who cares to can see my stab at template-driven tagging here:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer_taggerlib/wiki/taggerlib

I didn't include it in get_iplayer at the time because I didn't think
the extra tagging functionality was worth the additional complexity in
an already-complex script.  Granted, I went for a slightly complex
system in which templates could include code fragments, string
manipulation, etc.

There is still a middle ground open for a system utilising purely static
templates (i.e., 1-1 mappings between get_iplayer metadata values and
MP4/ID3 tags).  If someone wants to develop a new tagging system with
static templates, I paved the way for you a little bit by encapsulating
all the tagging functionality in a single package (Tagger).  You could
easily add or swap in a new implementation.