Missing video titles

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 07:13:57 EST 2012

On 8 January 2012 11:37, don rossie <don.rossie at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Firstly, a big thanks to everyone is helping me resolve the problem of
> playing get_iplayer videos on my PS3. Everything is now playing well
> except.......
> When I play get_iplayer videos on my PS3 (new slim model), they are
> listed without the original titles, for example, on get_iplayer I d/l
> "have I got news for you, series 40, episode 1" and it displays on my
> PS3 as just "Episode 1". So as you can imagine, I have lots of
> different videos, all listed as episode1, episode2, episode3....and so
> on, which is not very helpful. I have tried renaming them on my NAS
> (video source for PS3) but to no avail, they still show as episode
> 1,2,3 etc. My question is there a way to keep the original name which
> would make more sense when viewing titles on the PS3. (I am using
> get_iplayer 2.8 but with ffmpeg 22140).
> Thxs Don....

This is down to the tagging. get_iplayer takes info from iPlayer and
tags the file with it.

If you add --tag-fulltitle to your command line / options then this
should help you:

(from get_iplayer --longhelp)

Tagging Options:
 --tag-fulltitle                  Use complete title (including
series) instead of shorter episode title
 --tag-hdvideo                    AtomicParsley supports --hdvideo
argument for HD video flag
 --tag-longdesc                   AtomicParsley supports --longdesc
argument for long description text
 --tag-longdescription            AtomicParsley supports
--longDescription argument for long description text
 --tag-podcast                    Tag downloaded radio and tv
programmes as iTunes podcasts (requires MP3::Tag module for AAC/MP3
files)
 --tag-podcast-radio              Tag only downloaded radio programmes
as iTunes podcasts (requires MP3::Tag module for AAC/MP3 files)
 --tag-podcast-tv                 Tag only downloaded tv programmes as
iTunes podcasts
 --tag-utf8                       AtomicParsley expects UTF-8 input

unfortunately there is no way of doing this retrospectively to your
already downloaded files, short of re-downloading them if they are
still available.

HTH

Shevek