After windows re-install pvr mode not working

John Sewell johnesewell at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 7 04:57:31 EST 2012

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this issue.  I re-installed
my PC and re-installed get_iplayer from the windows installer and now
when running get_iplayer --pvr-run it does not perform any of the
searches, or appears not to.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, 12 Gig RAM and I windows is installed in
"W" as opposed to "C", here is example output:

W:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer.cmd --pvr-run --verbose
get_iplayer v2.80, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: User prefs dir: W:\Users\John/.get_iplayer
INFO: System options dir: W:\ProgramData/get_iplayer/options
INFO: Loaded PVR search 'Unbelievable_Truth'
INFO: Loaded PVR search list
Running PVR Searches:
Unbelievable_Truth
Current options:
        atomicparsley = .\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe
        ffmpeg = .\FFmpeg\ffmpeg-0.8-win32-static\bin\ffmpeg.exe
        flvstreamer = .\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe
        hide = 1
        lame = .\LAME\lame.exe
        mmsnothread = 1
        modes = flashaaclow,flashaacstd,rtspaaclow,rtspaacstd,wma,flashaacstd1
        mplayer = .\MPlayer\MPlayer-1.0rc2\mplayer.exe
        nopurge = 1
        output = L:\BBC
        radiomode = flashaudio,flashaudio1
        type = localfiles,livetv,tv,liveradio,podcast,radio
        verbose = 1
        vlc = .\VLC\vlc-1.1.11\vlc.exe

INFO: Search args: 'Unbelievable','(Unbelievable Truth)'
INFO: Got 8 file cache entries for livetv
INFO: No file cache exists for localfiles
ERROR: Please set --localfilesdirs to point to your collection if using the 'loc
alfiles' plugin
ERROR: Failed to retrieve programmes for localfiles - skipping
INFO: Got 799 file cache entries for tv
INFO: Got 61 file cache entries for liveradio
INFO: Got 3222 file cache entries for radio
INFO: Got 8196 file cache entries for podcast
INFO: Search term 'Unbelievable' is a substring
DEBUG: Search download_regex = Unbelievable
DEBUG: Search channel_regex = .*
DEBUG: Search category_regex = .*
DEBUG: Search versions_regex = .*
DEBUG: Search exclude_regex = ^ROGUE$
DEBUG: Search channel_exclude_regex = ^ROGUE$
DEBUG: Search category_exclude_regex = ^ROGUE$
DEBUG: Search since = 999999
DEBUG: Search before = -999999
INFO: Search term '(Unbelievable Truth)' is a substring
DEBUG: Search download_regex = (Unbelievable Truth)
DEBUG: Search channel_regex = .*
DEBUG: Search category_regex = .*
DEBUG: Search versions_regex = .*
DEBUG: Search exclude_regex = ^ROGUE$
DEBUG: Search channel_exclude_regex = ^ROGUE$
DEBUG: Search category_exclude_regex = ^ROGUE$
DEBUG: Search since = 999999
DEBUG: Search before = -999999
INFO: Loaded history for first check.
INFO: Loading recordings history

W:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>

Do I need to set localfilesdirs?  I can't remember if I had it set on
my old install, I've had a look online but so far I can't see that I
need it set.

Any suggestions welcome!

John