Accessing the BBC from outside the UK

Jonathan Wiltshire jmw at debian.org
Thu Jan 5 16:13:10 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 08:39:33PM +0000, bat guano wrote:
> It's not necessary to have a TV license to access watch/listen again BBC programmes from iPlayer.
>
> But this is the relevant section from "Terms of Use of BBC Online Services" that applies to get_iplayer....

In this context I do not mean license as in TV License, I mean the license
by which the BBC is making iPlayer content available (from which you
quote).

Publishers who infer that the BBC is not adequately protecting their
content may stop licensing it to them and in turn us; for example, the
Dad's Army radio series are available through the iPlayer from time to time
but not the television series.

Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw at debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51