HD gone missing since upgrading Atomic Parsely

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:16:27 EST 2012

On 04/01/2012 14:19, Dan Russell wrote:
> I've probably done something daft, but I can't work out what.  I'm
> running get_iplayer 2.80 on Windows using the Web PVR.  Up until
> yesterday I was enjoying recording programmes in HD.  Following the
> mention on this list of an upgrade to Atomic Parsley to fix the
> occasional big file tagging errors I downloaded the later version of
> the software and pasted the Atomic Parsley files into the existing
> folder.
> Now I've lost HD recording.  Can anyone help me?

You need to tell us more than "I've lost HD recording".  Start with: a)
the version of Windows you are using; b) the programme you are
attempting to download; c) the output produced by get_iplayer when you
attempt to download the programme.  And the obvious: double-check that
flashhd is set as the preferred recording mode.

Before any of that, if you installed get_iplayer with the Windows
installer, you can download/run the latest installer and force
AtomicParsley to be re-installed in order to ensure it is updated correctly.