Web PVR Output Not Displayed

Andy Wedge andy_wedge at lineone.net
Mon Aug 20 15:41:16 EDT 2012

> Sent: 18 August 2012 19:32
> To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> Subject: Re: Web PVR Output Not Displayed
>
> On 18/08/2012 11:02, Andy Wedge wrote:
> > I copied back my PVR and download history files and launched the web
> > PVR manager, all looked as it should do.  When I run the PVR though,
> > get another browser window opening that looks like it's trying to
> > connect to 127.0.0.1.  I don't get output from the get_iplayer
script
> > being piped to the browser as I have seen before.
>
> I can't duplicate this.  Do you see the expected output if you use the
"Run
> PVR Scheduler Now" menu shortcut rather than the Web PVR?  You said
the
> PVR downloads were progressing, but do they actually finish
successfully?
> Do you see the "Running PVR Searches" message at the beginning or the
> "PVR Run complete" message at the end?  And is the get_iplayer output
> missing if you click "Record" for a programme to start an immediate
> download in a new tab/window

Yes, I see the output in the command window that opens when selecting
"Run PVR Scheduler Now" from the Start > Programs menu.
The downloads do complete and are converted from .flv to .mp4 files. I
can play the .mp4 files without a problem.
I don't see any "Running PVR Searches" or "PVR Run complete" messages at
all.
The output is missing if I click "Record" for a program and I've also
noticed that there is no output if I do a "Refresh Cache".
In each case, all I see is a blank Firefox window with the address bar
set to 'about:blank', a single tab with the animated 'Connecting...'
icon and the 'Waiting or 127.0.0.1...' status message which you already
covered in your previous post.

Andy