PVR Manager modes, settings and bugs

Derek Moss dmgi at stoptheviolence.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 11:48:37 EDT 2012

I've got a few questions about the PVR manager.

1) Under Search - Columns, ticking Mode doesn't do anything (I imagine
it's meant to show what modes are available for each programme)

2) Under Recording, the Recording Modes listed are
flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,realaudio,flashaaclow.
Looking at this table
http://beebhack.wikia.com/wiki/IPlayer_TV#Comparison_Table it seems
that the flash modes use AAC by default anyway, so is there any
difference between flashaachigh and flashhigh and couldn't the list
just be flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,flashlow,flashaudio,realaudio
(and if wanted, flashhd,flashvhigh, appended to the start)?

3) When saving settings in PVR Manager, where are they stored and is
there a saved settings file (storing settings like default download
folder, etc) for the command line tool as well? (I used to know this,
but once I forget I can never work out where they are!)

4) Since updating get_iplayer.cgi, clicking on a programme title no
longer filters by that. It does change what's in the Search box (so
clicking on an episode of The Bridge sets it to ^The Bridge$ but it
doesn't refresh the displayed programmes as it used to.