Error message corrupt file

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:38:29 EDT 2012

On 23/04/2012 12:26, Dominic Di Chiera wrote:
> Hi everyone, I get a few error messages from time to time and I can't
> quite decifer them. Here is a typical one from today . Can anyone
> explain what it's actually telling me?
>
> INFO: File name prefix =
> Essential_Classics_-_Wednesday_-_Rob_Cowan_b01g5ytp_default
> RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> ERROR: Last tag size must be greater/equal zero
> (prevTagSize=-922619419) and smaller then filesize, corrupt file!
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Retry recording for 'Essential Classics - Wednesday - Rob
> Cowan (b01g5ytp)'

You may have a previous partial download for that programme in your
output directory.  Delete the <whatever>partial<whatever>.flv file and
try again.  get_iplayer invokes rtmpdump so that it will attempt to
resume a download if it finds a partially-downloaded programme, but it
often doesn't work, for any number of reasons, so you need to start over.