Error message corrupt file

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon Apr 23 08:49:21 EDT 2012

On 23 April 2012 12:26, Dominic Di Chiera <ddichiera at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, I get a few error messages from time to time and I can't
> quite decifer them. Here is a typical one from today . Can anyone
> explain what it's actually telling me?
>
> INFO: File name prefix =
> Essential_Classics_-_Wednesday_-_Rob_Cowan_b01g5ytp_default
> RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> ERROR: Last tag size must be greater/equal zero
> (prevTagSize=-922619419) and smaller then filesize, corrupt file!
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

rtmpdump... error... info exit code 1 - means that rtmpdump failed.

Not immediately evident from the log is that this suggests that you're
using a buggy version of rtmpdump.  I think it's a commit on 7th
November 2011 that fixed this.  Try building a newer version of
rtmpdump.  If you're using ubuntu I'd suggest you use
ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer

> WARNING: Retry recording for 'Essential Classics - Wednesday - Rob
> Cowan (b01g5ytp)'
get_iplayer is retrying...

> ERROR: Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site
this is a red herring.  ignore it.  it's got nothing to do with the
rtmpdump error.  it'll go away when the current batch of changes get
wrapped up into a new get_iplayer release. iphone mode doesn't work
any more (and hasn't done for a while ;-)
(or take iphone mode out of the list of modes you're using, or pull a
more recent version of get_iplayer from git).

Cheers
Jon