Unable to update or re-install

Dominic Di Chiera ddichiera at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:01:44 EDT 2012

Today I decided to update/re-install Get Iplayer, but the windows
installer now fails. Im using WIn7x64 running the installer in Admin
mode and have even turned off my AV.

I get error messages for all components, so I tried doing one at a
time. The first message I get is:

"Download of get_ip[layer failed: SendRequest Error, Do you wish to try again?"

If yes, I get the same message If no, I get iplayer installed
successfully, but it them wont run.

In the cmd window I see "Can't open perl script "get_iplayer.cgi": No
such file or directory"

and then "C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer)'.\pvr_manager.url' is
not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or
batch file."

Any help would be appreciated