Remuxing get_iplayer downloads to play on my TV

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 11:15:28 EDT 2012

On 21/04/2012 13:16, Jon Davies wrote:

>> This I will definitely look into! It would be nice to have anything I
>> download converted right away. This can work from the web interface, right?
>
> erm, er ... "from" I'm really not sure (I'm not a user of the web
> interface); "with" I don't see why not.

The web interface doesn't provide a way to enter the "command" option.
  You could put it your options file, but then it will be applied to
*every* download regardless of programme type. The web interface itself
doesn't provide any means to override it for a particular programme.
Unless you want to transcode every download without exception, your
"command" option would need to reference some sort of script that
determines which files should be transcoded based on, e.g., programme
type, file extension, etc., before running ffmpeg.  If you only
transcode files occasionally, it might be simpler to just set up a
profile in WinFF or Super-C and use one of those applications to process
your files.