--pvrqueue automatically adds future recordings?

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 16:51:25 EDT 2012

On 18 April 2012, at 19:03, dinkypumpkin wrote:

> On 18/04/2012 17:49, Andy Bircumshaw wrote:
>> --future does not seem to be amongst my default options:
>
> As you've probably discovered by now, --future is hard-coded true ($opt->{future} = 1) in Pvr::queue(), so it works as intended.  That makes sense if you expect the PVR queue function to work as a delayed search *and* download mechanism.  But it doesn't make sense if you expect it to work just as a delayed download mechanism for currently available programmes.

This doesn't make any sense to me, I'm afraid.

--pvrqueue clearly *isn't* a "delayed search" mechanism, because it *always* converts the search results into a PID.

If the programme doesn't exist in the cache, using --pvrqueue won't add it to the queue.
You can demonstrate this by doing a --refresh (but omitting --refresh-future).

To me --pvrqueue should reflect the same results that the same search does (without --pvrqueue).

The docs seem to support this position:

$ get_iplayer --longhelp | grep pvrqueu
 --pvr-queue                      Add currently matched programmes to queue for later one-off recording using the --pvr option. Synonyms: --pvrqueue
$

I'm not trying to be bullheaded here, I just don't understand the logic that would support the current behaviour.

If you want to search for and download programs that aren't returned by the current search then you use "--pvr-add" - that's a clearly different action.

aB.