HD Stream Problems

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:29:52 EDT 2012

On 12/04/2012 21:56, Andy Bircumshaw wrote:
>>         rtmptvopts = --swfVfy http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf
>
> I know you said you got it sorted now, but that looks iffy to me.

That resembles the old values.  The URLs used to be in the form:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=...

but then we had to change the value embedded in get_iplayer because
those URLs generated redirects, which rtmpdump doesn't follow.  Now it
appears that this URL *without* the query string (as in the options list
above) no longer generates a redirect, so it works OK for downloading,
at least for Charlie's programme.  However, it's all a bit academic.
Since the swf verification URL is embedded in get_iplayer, there is no
need to put --svfVfy in  --rtmptvopts unless you should need to override
the embedded value.