All downloads fail

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 13:01:23 EDT 2011

On 21/10/2011 16:34, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I have both of these. I reported the problem as a bug but the maintainer
> said he couldn't reproduce it. I have a similar problem on another
> machine, also running Sid.

Your Debian bug report didn't offer any clue how to reproduce your
problem, and you haven't provided any further information here, so let's
cut to the chase:

1. Run get_iplayer with --verbose
2. Show us the full command line
3. Show us the full verbose output

There is no guarantee that will reveal the source of the problem, but at
least it's a start.  On the face of it, your problem suggests that you
have a proxy arrangement that isn't working, but there is no way for us
to even guess unless you provide the above information.