get_iplayer Digest, Vol 18, Issue 25

Neill Mitchell neill at nlkmitchell.com
Mon Oct 17 11:06:56 EDT 2011

Hi.

Okay, I built ffmpeg version 0.8.3 as suggested :) The only gotcha is
for some bizarre reason the ubuntu forum instructions on how to compile
it bizarrely install everything to /usr/local/bin, so it is not found. I
simply added -prefix=/usr to the configure options and then it all works.

Thanks to everyone for their help :) I don't understand why Ubuntu
consistently ships such old versions of ffmpeg.

Message: 3 Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:10:01 +0100 From: dinkypumpkin
<dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org Subject:
Re: Dud rows of pixels with ffmpeg-static Message-ID:
<4E9C2929.50300 at gmail.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1;