Windows installer: updated AtomicParsley build

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Oct 11 21:35:17 EDT 2011

On Tue Oct 11 19:05:08 BST 2011, dinkypumpkin wrote:

>On 11/10/2011 19:01, J K.Eason wrote:
>> Download failed:
>> http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/rtmpdump-20110723-git-b627335-win32.zip
>
>... The RTMPDump people have apparently removed the download.

 Well, they may have not removed the download in the end, but as of
26/09/2011 they are
offering on their site a more up-to-date (by almost 2 months) windows
binary!
Main site URL is: http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/. Scroll down to the middle
of the page,
you'll notice the updated binary I'm talking about, i.e.
"rtmpdump-20110925-git-6230845-win32.zip"

Direct download link for this is:
http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/download/rtmpdump-20110925-git-6230845-win32.zip

It's been compiled from the official rtmpdump git repo, which can be browsed
here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/rtmpdump.git

>... I'll update the installer configuration tout suite.

 Upon inspecting the latest config file for the Windows installer, by going
here:
http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer_win/get_iplayer_config_latest.ini
I see that it fetches the 20110723 dated binary of RTMPDump.
I very much doubt it that the updated binary (dated 20110925) offered by
"The RTMPDump people" introduces any major performance enhancements
as far as get_iplayer is concerned (as is the case with the implemented
AtomicParsley
update...), still I (personally) feel it'd be desirable if the (new, capable
of) windows installer
could point to an updated official binary, if such exists...
I sense this involves you manually checking for an update and then modifying
the .ini file,
but this shouldn't be too much of a problem, you could check, e.g. once
every 2 months...
 RTMPDump was "version bumped" (2.3->2.4) on 12 Jul 2011, still on their
downloads
folder ( http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/download/ ) exists no sign of a
"rtmpdump-2.4-windows.zip"
file with a permanent link (that would make things easier for you...).

>DIY Windows users can find the updated...

As such (I update manually the script and helper apps), I am tracking this
forum thread
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/can-download-latest-version-rtmpdump-source-binaries-t5533.html
to get hold of the most up-to-date windows binary of RTMPDump.
The latest executable, c/o member KSV, can be found in this post:
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33047&postcount=30
It's been compiled from the git master, that makes it
"rtmpdump-2.4-git-60218d0-x86-static.KSV.30-Sep-2011".
Works flawlessly with get_iplayer in my setup (Vista SP2 x86).