Unable to download any video since yesterday

Tony Quinn tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 10:20:36 EST 2011

In message <B8BE3F778CFB4A2BB4A34675AB90BEE2 at Timelord>, Chris Marriott
<chris at chrism.demon.co.uk> writes
>I’ve only just joined the list, so apologies if this has already been
>discussed, but since yesterday I’ve been unable to download any video.

>I'm using get_iplayer 2.78 on 64-bit Windows 7. I use the command:

>get_iplayer --mode=flashhigh --pid=xxxxxxxxx

>and (for all programs) I get errors like this:

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\iPlayer
Recordings/The_Brain_-_A_Secret_History_1._Mind_Control_b00xhgkd_default.
partial.mp4.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashhigh2 mode to record tv: The Brain - A Secret History:
1.
Mind
Control
INFO: File name prefix =
The_Brain_-_A_Secret_History_1._Mind_Control_b00xhgkd_default
RTMPDump v2.2d
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license:
GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

I had the same error  - deleting the entry from the PVR list and
reinserting cured the problem. Of course, something might have changed
at the other end.
--
If one person has delusions, we call them psychotic. If, however, 1.5 billion
people have delusions we must apparently call them a religious group, and