Get Iplayer for Windows

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Aug 4 15:21:52 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 13:29 -0400, powerlee at aol.com wrote:
>   Is there any news on the Windows installer version of the Get I Player
> program being updated?
>
>  Get  I Player Version 2.79 doesnt seem to work any more.
>
>   Will the rtmpdump file be upgraded from 2.2d to version 2.4? Or is
> there any other way of upgrading this file on a Window's based system?
>
>   There is lots of info out there on the board for Linux & Ubuntu but
> none for us Windows users.
>
>  Thanks in advance for any help

I would love for someone to step forward and maintain the Windows stuff.
Life is *so* much harder on Windows where we have to do so much for
ourselves, as opposed to the Linux packages where we just mark it as
depending on perl, ffmpeg, rtmpdump etc., and everything "Just Works".
And updates for packages like rtmpdump *also* happen properly, because
there's a system-wide update mechanism that works.

I've occasionally tried to keep it up to date, but fundamentally I just
don't care about Windows. I'm never going to do a good job of it, and I
only even *boot* Windows to test the installation, so I'm not a good
person to do it.

I'd be more than happy to 'hand over', and show someone how I got it
working, and give them access to the FTP site so that they can keep
things up to date (for example by testing newer versions of the various
dependencies and adjusting the links to them, etc.)

--
dwmw2