Recent read failure

Berni Elbourn berni at elbournb.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 15:52:36 EDT 2011

On 02/08/11 09:48, Berni Elbourn wrote:

> On 01/08/11 17:49, Graham Cobb wrote:
>> I am running on Debian Testing, with RTMPDump v2.3. I believe the
>> problem is
>> with resuming streams in rtmpdump (not in get_iplayer) and had been
>> reported
>> on their mailing list in January but they are too busy or not
>> able/interested
>> in fixing it.
>>
>> See
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-February/000809.html
>>
>> and
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/rtmpdump/2011-January/001267.html.
>>
>> Graham
>
> Yep. Right on the nail. I recently upgraded to stable which gave me
> rtmpdump 2.3 too.
>
> I am going to try the rtmpdump 1.9 from debian multimedia...

rtmpdump 1.9 and 2.4 work just fine here. 1.9 seems to download without
the need to resume. 2.4 resumed successfully several times on my test.

2.4 is not packaged for Debian yet...but follow or copy and paste the
instructions at post number 3 here to produce and install your own .deb
package:

And yes the final ldconfig is needed.