Sony Bravia iPlayer stream

tim lane timmy.lane at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:41:43 EDT 2011

PS...

One of the reasons I suspect it is a different stream is that the BBC
logo appears smaller and inset into the picture - like it does on the
flashhd streams rather than tight to the top left as it does on the
flashvhigh streams. I play-back using a netgear NeoTV 550 media
streamer via HDMI with no overscan - although this does upscale to
1080p. However, I have only recently bought this and previously played
back files grabbed through get_iplayer dircetly on the TV using it's
built in USB interface. Still, then - the resolution of the image
looks better wuth the 'high' quality stream than the flashvhigh. I
will try to take some screen shots (using a digital camera) and a
variety of source files to illustrate the logo size clue and re-post
later today - I may just end up proving myself wrong in the process!!!

regards

Tim