Windows version - libfaac and OPTIONS

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Jun 26 06:43:05 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 10:30 +0000, Christopher Jones wrote:

> 1/ ffmpeg downloaded in your installation cannot use libfaac which
> seems to be necessary for streaming via the "Web PVR Manager" - I
> solved this by copying ffmpeg.exe from my WinFF implementation and
> this version seemed to be libfaac enabled.

Hm. Got a stable URL for the version you're using? I can change the one
we download...

> 2/ I am not clear when the "paths" defined in the "options" file are
> used. The one for identifying flvstreamer seems to be used but those
> for ffmpeg and mplayer seem to be ignored. I'd like to use the
> versions of software that I have already installed - supporting WinFF
> and SMPlayer respectively. What do I need to edit to ensure that the
> "options" setting is used rather than the defaults which seem to
> be ..\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe and .\mplayer\MPlayer-1.0rc2\mplayer.exe.

Um, those are the paths given in the options file. If you change them in
the options file that should work.

If you're editing an options file which doesn't already contain those
paths, you're editing the wrong file :)

--
dwmw2