Windows version - libfaac and OPTIONS

Christopher Jones chris_jones at compuserve.com
Sat Jun 26 06:30:30 EDT 2010

Thank you for reviving this very useful software !

I am a Windows user (2000 SP4)

I have a couple of suggestions :-

1/ ffmpeg downloaded in your installation cannot use libfaac which seems to be necessary for streaming via the "Web PVR Manager" - I solved this by copying ffmpeg.exe from my WinFF implementation and this version seemed to be libfaac enabled.

2/ I am not clear when the "paths" defined in the "options" file are used. The one for identifying flvstreamer seems to be used but those for ffmpeg and mplayer seem to be ignored. I'd like to use the versions of software that I have already installed - supporting WinFF and SMPlayer respectively. What do I need to edit to ensure that the "options" setting is used rather than the defaults which seem to be ..\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe and .\mplayer\MPlayer-1.0rc2\mplayer.exe.

BTW
 Streaming from Windows works well

Brgds & Thanks
CRJ343