Using bootspec with RAUC and redundant partitions

robin robin at protonic.nl
Wed Sep 30 07:26:41 EDT 2020

Enrico,

> On 2020-09-30 10:09, Enrico Jörns wrote:
>> Hi Robin,
..
>> Why this would work anyway is because barebox extends the kernel
>> commandline with the root= entries required to boot the kernel from
>> that specific partition where it did read the entry from.

Re-reading this, do you mean that the blspec files on the rootfs
partitions
should contain a root=/dev/mmcblk* of the partition they are on? And
thus
still contain dynamic (install time computed) configuration?

I placed my kernel and bootspec entry in the rootfs partition under
/boot.
The rootfs partition is mmcblk2p5 (barebox: mmc2.4).

The 'boot' command doesn't work with target 'mmc2.4' (probably since I
placed
the data in a '/boot' subdirectory.

If I use 'boot /mnt/mmc2.4/boot' barebox finds the spec, kernel and dtb
but
my root= is not set in the kernel commandline.

Best regards,
Robin van der Gracht