Getting serial console output on new imx7d tqma7 board UART4

Ahmad Fatoum a.fatoum at pengutronix.de
Wed Aug 5 05:48:35 EDT 2020

On 8/5/20 11:37 AM, Lars Pedersen wrote:
> Hi. I got both the EVK and our TQMa7d board working with using the
> full imx_v7_defconfig! So that's progress :)

Oh. Can you turn them off stepwise to see, which config option
is missing? (If my suspicion below isn't true)

> See my inline comments

>> To make sure this does work as intended, I just built barebox with
>> only barebox-freescale-mx7-sabresd.img selected and it works fine for me:
>>

> What's the size of that image? I just retested and I can't get it
> working when only the sabresd board is selected for compilation.

532K.

>> Are you sure the board is strapped correctly to boot from SD?
>
> I got the board configuration as:
>
> SW3 = 10
> SW2 = 00100000

I skimmed through your config,
-CONFIG_RELOCATABLE=y
+# CONFIG_RELOCATABLE is not set
CONFIG_TEXT_BASE=0x0

Text base is ignored, when you are relocatable. If you aren't relocatable,
you need a valid address as your text base. Why did you turn it off?

Cheers,
Ahmad