Adding IPv4 multicast support

Daniele Lacamera daniele.lacamera at tass.be
Sun Jul 13 07:28:58 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Antony Pavlov <antonynpavlov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 12:11:17 +0200
> Colin Leitner <colin.leitner at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm working on adding multicast support to barebox (for device discovery) and wanted to know if there's interest in having that included in upstream.
>
> There is an initiative on integrating picotcp into barebox.
>
> picotcp is a free TCP/IP stack implementation, see
>   https://github.com/tass-belgium/picotcp
>
> AFAIK latest picotcp-enbled barebox anounced here:
>   http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/barebox/2014-June/019723.html
>
> Can be network device discovery realized using picotcp entities?
>
> To Daniele: how things stand with picotcp tftp support?

> --
> --
> Best regards,
>   Antony Pavlov

TFTP is integrated in masterbranch, documented and tested.
PicoTCP app can act as TFTP server as well as client. Supports put/get
operations. Tested against tftp(d)-hpa.

What would you need for "network discovery"? Currently picotcp
supports the following protocols:
- IPv6 neighbor discovery
- IPv4 SLAAC (like avahi-style autoconf)
- mDNS (at the moment over v4 only)
- OLSR (automatic detection of neighbors and best route calculation to
N-hops nodes)

Regards,

--
Daniele