Ramfs and NULL pointer

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Mon Nov 5 03:23:04 EST 2012

Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> writes:

> Both look harmless, so I don't think that the culprit is ramfs itself.
Agreed. Looks rather like someone is filling up with 0 the structure.

> Sorry, no idea. The good news is that due to my compile tests all 544
> commits at least should compile ;)
>
> Do you have some specific command sequence to provoke this?
Well, yes : arch/arm/boards/mioa701/env/bin/init
It's in the boot sequence, before I have a chance of typing a command.

The only special point I see about the script is that for "mtd_env_override"
script, /dev/mtd0.barebox-env is ... full of zeroes.

--
Robert