Booting mx25 based device from SD and NOR

Roberto Nibali rnibali at gmail.com
Fri May 25 05:19:38 EDT 2012

Hi

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de>wrote:

> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 03:18:13PM +0200, Roberto Nibali wrote:
> > Hi Eric
> >
> > On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com> wrote:
> >

> > I support WEIM configuration is done in the low level part, isn't it?
>
> You don't need to do it in lowlevel init, just before registering the
> cfi device is enough. Usually it's good habit to do only the absolutely
> necessary things in lowlevel init. Doing things later increases the
> chance that you get useful debug output when something goes wrong
>
> I read the different board initialization routines over and over again,
but can't find a common pattern. From what I see the lowlevel_init (which
has been converted nicely into a C file), only AIPS, MAX, MPLL core clock,
all clocks, SDRAM are initialized, but I have seen AIPS and MAX setups in
core_init functions (eukrea_cpuimx35.c), as well as clock setups in
console_init and other places. So, what's the bare minimum in lowlevel to
set up? SDRAM/MDDR? What's the order of things?

I am merely asking because I have come a long way trying to debug an issue
with weird I/O and clock behaviour on the ESDHC and other parts of my mx25
device.

Thanks and best regards
Roberto