Tegra 2

Antony Pavlov antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:08:07 EDT 2011

>> There is initial support for Tegra 2 in my private git.
>>
>> I shall send the patches in a while.
>>
>> The current status:
>>  * barebox can start on Toshiba AC100 smartbook after U-Boot (not
>> mainstream U-Boot);
>
> Is this because of the tegra 2 CPU or because of the AC100 ? I am looking
> into the Tegra 2 board from MSC (true embedded board)

There are the reasons:
 * current Tegra support lacks low-level hardware initialization
(neither Tegra 2 nor AC100);
 * I have no mean to easily recover wrongly burned boot flash memory
on AC100, so I am in no hurry to burn barebox into AC100 :))

> I should get my board somewhere next week (I hope), and will start to take a
> deeper look into things.
>
> Most important thing will be, does it boot Linux and how fast does it do
> that.

You mean does AC100 boot linux or does barebox boot linux?

> - Erwin
>
> PS: do you have any general links of info on the Tegra 2 cpu ?

No, I have no links of info, but I have many links of code :)))
Most of them are AC100 related:

   https://github.com/chpec/uboot-ac100.git
   https://github.com/muromec/uboot-tegra.git
   http://ac100.grandou.net/
   https://wiki.edubuntu.org/ARM/AC100
   git://gitorious.org/~marvin24/ac100/marvin24s-kernel.git

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov