Tegra 2

Fri Oct 28 09:22:03 EDT 2011

Hey Antony,

On 28-10-2011 15:15, Antony Pavlov wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> If I remember right a while back someone mentioned Tegra 2 here. I would
>> like to ask what the status is of Tegra 2 support. Or if there is support at
>> all ? :-)
>
> There is initial support for Tegra 2 in my private git.
>
> I shall send the patches in a while.
>
> The current status:
>   * barebox can start on Toshiba AC100 smartbook after U-Boot (not
> mainstream U-Boot);

Is this because of the tegra 2 CPU or because of the AC100 ? I am
looking into the Tegra 2 board from MSC (true embedded board)

>   * barebox support console on Tegra's internal serial port;
>   * barebox support USB host controller and Ethernet-USB
> Barebox does not support:
>   * cache&mmu initialization;
>   * graphical output;
>   * i2c (so barebox can't use AC100's keyboard for input);
>   * mmc controller.
>
> Currently, I'm working on porting of tegra-fb and i2c support.

I should get my board somewhere next week (I hope), and will start to
take a deeper look into things.

Most important thing will be, does it boot Linux and how fast does it do
that.

- Erwin

PS: do you have any general links of info on the Tegra 2 cpu ?