barebox on gta04

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Tue Oct 25 04:36:47 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 08:38:50AM +0200, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:34:13PM +0200, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > You could start barebox from U-Boot (just load the barebox binary
> > image to RAM and jump to it using the U-Boot 'go' command). Then you
> > could comment out the lowlevel code from barebox (arch_init_lowlevel,
> > pin_mux) and see if the problem persists. Maybe there is something
> > different in the lowlevel code.
>
> This is a great idea! So first I loaded the unmodified barebox binary
> using:
>
> mmc rescan 0
> fatload mmc 0 0x82000000 barebox.bin
> go 0x82000000
>
> It started executing and the error was the same as before.
>
> Then I tried doing what you suggested above and commented
> arch_init_lowlevel in ./arch/arm/mach-omap/omap3_core.S and I was not
> sure what you meant by `pin_mux` as the string appeared nowhere in the
> code but I thought you might mean the mux_config in
> ./arch/arm/boards/omap/board-beagle.c ?

Yes, that's what I meant

> But after doing that, barebox
> would just not start anymore when loaded by uboot.

Strange. Should not be the case, no idea what's happening here.

> So can you give me some more specific advices on what to comment?
>
> > Another thing: Where does this string come from? We have this twice in
> > the driver and one of them should really be "timeout waiting for reset
> > done"
>
> If I read the code correctly, then my error comes from line
> 224 of ./drivers/mci/omap_hsmmc.c :
>
> dev_dbg(hsmmc->dev, "timedout waiting for cc2!\n");

Look again, we accidently have the same string twice in the driver:

./drivers/mci/omap_hsmmc.c:201:                 dev_dbg(hsmmc->dev, "timedout waiting for cc2!\n");
./drivers/mci/omap_hsmmc.c:224:                 dev_dbg(hsmmc->dev, "timedout waiting for cc2!\n");

The one in line 224 should really be "timeout waiting for reset done".

So what I wanted to know is whether it's the error message in line 201
or 224 that we see. So please change one of them