More Mini2440 questions...

Zoltán Kócsi zoltan at bendor.com.au
Mon Apr 4 07:02:45 EDT 2011

Thanks for all the answers for my previous questions!

The 'next' branch indeed boots from the NAND FLASH like a charm.

What I'm looking for now is a crash-course, or at least a pointer to
some web-based one, on barebox itself, from the usage point of view. I
created the docs and read the User's Manual, but I'm none the wiser.

How do I boot a kernel from FLASH or via TFTP? I figured that I
can set the Ethernet MAC address by eth0.ethaddr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
(although I don't know if that actually changes the MAC) but how can I
save that so that next time I reset the board it is there?

Same with other environment variables, such as bootargs. The command
'saveenv' says that it saved the environment. According to its docs, it
saved it in /dev/env0. According the the docs of loadenv, that
command should load the saved environment, but I could not get any
of my changes back.

Any help regarding to how to use barebox would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Zoltan